It’s simple – I love my job.
It all started when I used my dad’s video camera to film high school events. I realised what I was passionate about it and pursued it as a career.
Since then, I’ve developed my creative visual skills and commitment to delivering high quality footage. I now have over 30 years of experience in broadcast and commercial film, working with amazing people as we document the events and stories that shape our world.
I’ve worked on a wide variety of local and international commercial, drama and documentary projects. Utilising my skills for:
- Documentary broadcast content
- Green-screen (studio)
- News and current affairs
- On location events
- Studio interviews
- Aerial drone footage.
I’m known for my competency, thoroughness, and going above and beyond requirements to help directors, editors and writers bring their vision to life in film.
I’m a well-organised independent self starter but I also work well as a member of a production team. I have a strong understanding of how different units collaborate during the filming and editing processes.
I strive to maintain good working relationships with the crew members, cast and clients.
I perform well under pressure, problem solving and contributing creative solutions to technical issues during pre-production and on-set such as the:
- Visual impact created by particular shots
- Camera set-up, angles, distances and movement
- Impact of natural lighting conditions during outside broadcasts
- Capturing the play of light and using it to create mood and drama
- Single or multiple camera set-ups.
I’m passionate about my craft and committed to continually improving my skills through the use of new technology and efficiency processes. Over the years
- An in-depth understanding of digital cinematography and lighting techniques
- Expertise in camera function and operations of film and HD cameras, gimbals and drones
- Skills in the set-up of complex lighting in-studio and on-location
- Efficiency in the set-up and operation of cameras with creative angles to meet directors/producers vision
- Precision and speed when framing and composing shots and performing camera moves
- And even though I’m older, I’m still in good physical condition and able to handle the rigors of outdoor production, difficult locations and conditions.