Guss Mallmann is a director and editor whose works include DZ Deathrays: Like People (2018), The Relentless Series with Anna Meares (2016) and A Private Session (2015).
Like People was nominated Australian Music Video of the Year at the J Awards 2018, as well as placed at #2 in the Rage FIFTY 2018, only behind Childish Gambino’s This Is America.
Guss was also created the world’s first ever interactive lyrics video using Instagram Stories, distributed worldwide on Spotify USA.
Raised in the Digital Age of cinema, Guss took a different approach and decided to learn how to shoot and edit in celluloid film, having mastered the use of Steenbecks and 16 and 35mm cinema cameras.
His works have been selected to several film festivals worldwide, as well as watched by audiences in the tens of millions.
In the editing realm, Guss has worked with numerous director and brands, including the release TVC for Optus Music featuring Macklemore, and Virgin Mobile Audition starring Hollywood celebrity Kevin Dillon.
In his spare time, Guss loves to travel, write music, paint and collect vintage lenses.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
– rage FIFTY 2018 – Best Music Videos of the Year – 2nd Place
– J Awards 2018 – Nominated: Australian Music Video of the Year
– Byron Bay International Film Festival 2018 – Nominated: Best Music Video “Like People”
– Napoli Film Festival 2018 – Nominated: Best Music Video “Like People”
– Fake Flesh Film Fest 2017 – Nominated: Best Overall Movie & Best Horror Short “A Private Session”
– Cardiff International Film Festival 2017 – Nominated: Best Short “A Private Session”
– Big Terror Horror Short Film Festival 2017 – Nominated: Best Horror Short “A Private Session”
– Macabro: Mexico City International Horror Film Festival 2017 – Nominated: Best Short Film “A Private Session”
– Bogotá International Short Film Festival (Bogoshorts) 2016 – Nominated: Best Horror Short “A Private Session”
– MVMU National Awards 2011 – Winner: Best Cinematography “No More Heroes”