Looking for a skilled director with a strong vision & evocative visual aesthetic?
How about an accomplished editor with a powerful technical skillset?
Why not both?
Andy Fernandez has an evocative cinematic style and is extremely adept behind a camera as well as behind a computer. He was once described by a fellow director as an “Edit Samurai”, with cuts so fine and precise he could be a black belt in Edit-Fu.
Andy is extremely fast editor with strong technical skills in multiple programs and able to handle complex motion graphics with ease. Having worked on every format under the sun – including reality TV, feature films, long-form drama, news, TVC’s, music videos and online content – Andy enjoys telling interesting stories using strong narratives laced with emotion and rhythm. Over the past fifteen years, Andy has established himself as one of the foremost editors in Sydney with the help of a sharp intellect and a serious caffeine addiction (he’s in a twelve step program but often falls off the wagon).
As a director he has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Paramount Pictures and Universal Pictures, and his work is both emotive and visually striking with a beautiful, lyrical pacing. Through his skills as a director and editor, Andy Fernandez continues to push the boundaries of production to create works of exceptional quality and style.
As long as there’s beautiful imagery, fun people and a good story involved, he’s in.
Oh yeah, and coffee.
Lots and lots of coffee.
- Over 15 years’ experience.
- Premiere, Avid, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Toon Boom Studio, Frameforge 3D.
- AFTRS Alumni – Graduate Certificate in Directing & Screenwriting.
- Full member of The Australian Directors Guild.
- Full member of The Australian Screen Editors Guild.
- Clients include: Universal Pictures, Paramount Pictures, National Geographic Channel, Coca-Cola, Bentley Motors, Channel [V], Toyota, One Direction, Vodafone, Virgin Mobile, Redbull, NZ Coastguard, Vanessa Amorosi, Matt Corby, DDB, EuroRSCG, Saatchi & Saatchi’s, Leo Burnetts, Y&R, Thinkbone, Zig Zag TV, Xeitgeist Entertainment Group, SoDUS, Wax Interactive, 303 Mullenlowe, Havas Worldwide, Hello Future, The Feed (SBS), Rage (ABC), Nickelodeon Channel.